The Life and Times of Charlie (a.k.a. Furballs)

This is a blog about looking exceptionally gorgeous, mousing, fishing, licking oneself and ranting about my owner. If that doesn't interest you, go somewhere else. My owner (a.k.a. SHE or TCM (the cat's mother - "who's 'she', the cat's mother?" get it? no neither did she) may occasionally amuse us (ahem) with her own tales of my activities when SHE thinks she can tell the story better. Oh well we have to patronise these humans....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Good smell, bad smell

Not much to say today but I thought I'd say a little something about my likes and dislikes, particularly smells.

Now as you know smells are very important to cats. When my friend Samuel and I greet each other we sniff each other's bottoms and touch noses. But humans are strange creatures and have a very different idea of what makes a good smell. Not cats' bottoms for starters I don't suppose. More fool them.

So let's see - I like the smell of fish, meat, kitty bottoms, fresh earth. TCM likes the smell of perfume, soap, flowers.... Sometimes she tries to stroke me when she's just put that muck on her face. I mean eeeuuuuw! And she complains when I turn around and put my bum in her face?! Humans!

You may be wondering why I haven't mentioned catnip. Now some of my fellow felines got completely, well, mad for it. Not me. Never got it myself. But TCM has these teabags and just thinking about them makes me drool. Apparently they are made from a herb from Valerian. Well whatever it's called, bring it on! And humans? Apparently this Valerian thing is meant to make them calm, relaxed and sleepy. As our transatlantic cousins would say, go figure!

Bye for now kitty cats x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home