The Life and Times of Charlie (a.k.a. Furballs)

This is a blog about looking exceptionally gorgeous, mousing, fishing, licking oneself and ranting about my owner. If that doesn't interest you, go somewhere else. My owner (a.k.a. SHE or TCM (the cat's mother - "who's 'she', the cat's mother?" get it? no neither did she) may occasionally amuse us (ahem) with her own tales of my activities when SHE thinks she can tell the story better. Oh well we have to patronise these humans....

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fan mail!

Well, dear readers, I've had complaints that I haven't been blogging and admittedly it's true. Not that I haven't been busy doing blogworthy things but it's just been far too nice weather to stay indoors poring (or should that be pawing) over a computer. Anway, I'm here now so quit complaining will ya!

Right, on to important stuff. I have had a comment on my blog from a rather gorgeous creature in Seattle! Yes, really! That's Postmaster P. to you and I've added his blog to My Links for you to enjoy. There's a rather cute picture of him as a teeny weeny kitten which I'm sure he's very embarassed about now that he's a big tough cat (ha, ha - who are you kidding Post!). On a more serious note, I sadly don't have any pics of me as a tiny kitty because TCM only adopted me when I was about 3 and before that I was a rough tough street kitty in Hackney or somewhere. I'm not sure exactly, I think I lost my memory when they chopped off my knackers - ouch! Oooh, painful memories, let's not dwell....

Changing the subject completely I read recently about a very silly human invention. It's a program called PawSense and it claims to *train* cats! I mean really! Who thought of putting train and cats in the same sentence. TCM and I were highly amused by this concept particularly as the invention is designed to prevent cats from walking on keyboards which I must say is a favourite pastime of mine. It's particularly entertaining if TCM is trying to conduct a serious conversation (smirk!) on Messenger and I say 93ujhigoreqt43qoi to whoever she's boring on the other end. Hours of endless fun! Sometimes the silly humans even talk back. Anyway, I digress. To read all about this foolish program, visit http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/ Incidentally, TCM played the two 'annoying' sounds used for 'sonic training' of cats to me and my reaction was....well I was licking my leg so I carried on licking my leg of course. Perhaps we should invent a sonic training program for humans. We could play them the sound of nails on a blackboard whenever they tried to feed us *light* cat food. Hmmmm.....

Later, kitties!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:56 am, Blogger Postmaster P. said…

    Yay!! Thanks for the link! Of course, I don't actually see the link, but it's the thought that counts. I went ahead and added you, as well.

    Well it's nice that you found some humans to take care of you after going feral for so long. I wouldn't know what that's like, although sometimes my human talks about a feral cat he tried to adopt before I was born. It didn't end up working out, though, and he had to give the cat back to the place he got it from, who dealt specifically with taking care of ferals. He says it was a pretty trying time for him.

    So then a few weeks later I was born, and he came out and took me home as soon as I was weaned off my mum. When that photo was taken, I didn't actually have a name yet!

     
  • At 1:03 am, Blogger lameDuck said…

    Cats messaging other cats, now I'm really affraid. This could be the feline equivalent of the triffids, in "day" terms. Or actually, maybe not. I've met the legendary furballs and I don't think he's the take-over mankind kind of a cat, so I wont be stocking up on the nip just yet.
    Anyways, nice to you you blogging again, there are always a few of us out there that read it...

     
  • At 5:54 pm, Blogger Postmaster P. said…

    Hey, where've you been, Charlie? You should post more! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home